I've been using Zope for a long time, but never seen this strange
behavior before. Here's the symptom:
1. Open the ZMI of the root;
2. Create one object of whatever type (such as a DTML method);
3. Keep refreshing the browser. 4 out of 10 the new object disappears
from the folder content list! If I surf dirrectly to the object, such
as localhost/foo, I'd get 404 too if I keep refreshing the page.
4. If I open the UNDO log, the add record is always there, so looks
like the ZODB is intact.
5. It happens to delesion as well, i.e. the deleted object re-appears
after some times of refreshing.
6. It's very illusive. I can reproduce it on two Zope instances on the
same machine, but not on other 3. After I restart those affected two,
the sympton is just gone.
Any idea what's happening?
Here's the configuration of my box:
Zope Version: (Zope 2.7.4-0, python 2.3.4, linux2)
Python Version: 2.3.4 (#1, Aug 13 2005, 13:10:41) [GCC 3.3.3 20040412
(Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)]
System Platform: linux2 (fedora core 2)
Browser: I only tested with IE 6 and Firefox 1.0.7. The sympton is the same.
Connection: dirrect, no firewall, no proxy, no Apache
For more information about ZODB, see the ZODB Wiki:
ZODB-Dev mailing list - ZODB-Dev@zope.org