I have a threaded application that access a zodb, and when it shuts down, all the threads that have root connections to the db call transaction.commit(), then delete their root object. However, after I've joined all my threads and attempt:

transaction.abort()
connection.close()

I get the error:

ZODB.POSException.ConnectionStateError: Cannot close a connection joined to a transaction

Is there some special procedure for properly closing a zodb? I'm following the examples in the wiki pretty closely. Any help is appreciated.

Chris