Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:

Sure, but my reasonable assumption was that when you insert an exception message in a doctest you reread it another one time and fix typos if any. I'll be more careful in the future about such assumptions.

Without meaning to sound condescending (which certainly is not my intention):

Rule number one of problem solving:
    """ Never assume anything """

Rule number two:
    """ Every assumption is wrong """

In fact, I have learned the very, very hard way over the last 20 years or so (I've got scars to show) that this applies to *everything*, and particularly to the field of computer problem solving, regardless of whether it is code, hw/sw or user interaction.

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley