Tim Peters wrote:
[Syver Enstad]

I have recently upgraded from ZODB 3.2 to 3.5.1. After doing this I
notice that ZEO throws exceptions on commiting a transaction for certain
types of Persistent classes.

I was able to create a small self-contained test case from this description,
and opened a Collector issue containing it:

    http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/526

As it says, I don't know whether it "should work", but offhand don't see why
not.  As is, creating new state inside __getstate__ is confusing the heck
out of ZEO's MVCC cache "for some reason".

I noticed that the collector issue source file has a comment that this is experienced on windows. My testing has been done on Linux Ubuntu Breezy Badger and I get the same error, (cur_tid < tid) fails there too.