Dear all

As it took me a while to hunt down this one, I thought I'd share it here (and
in the list archive):

Using __setattr__ on a persistent object with the old-style object idiom
self.__dict__[name] = value to actually set attribute values causes self._p_oid
never to be set. This leads to somewhat obscure failures further on, such as in
fsIndex, because None is passed as the oid (without any assertion along the
way).

After changing __setattr__ to use
persistent.Persistent.__setattr__(self,name,value), everything works fine
again.

Best regards, Martin Gfeller