[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi folks, I'm looking at making a scalable zope infrastructure, I can scale the ZEO clients and mysql, the only issue is the ZEO server. I have used drbd and heartbeat in the past to create a HA lamp stack. From a technical standpoint, is there any reason I could not use drbd to cluster the ZEO server? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As far as I understand, the difference to ZRS (which is a solution to scale ZEO servers, e.g. for HA) that you will need to restart the ZEO server when switching a hot-spare ZEO server to "live-mode", because it doesn't notice when the underlying storage file is changed by somebody else.

Christian