On May 31, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:49:49AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
| I've done this (at least with FileStorage) and it's
| sllllllooooooooowwww.  Might be OK for low-traffic sites, but better
| to implement a custom session data container that stores stuff in
| SQL.  I have the beginnings of one of these if you want to see it.

Slow for using sessions? Why didn't you use tempstorage then?

I think I thought it wouldn't have mattered. The difference between using sessions against a local filestorage and one on a ZEO server was something like 20X.

Or you
are just asserting that FileStorage over ZEO is noticeably slower than
directly?

Yes, at least for writes. As I assume tempstorage would be too. And since sessions are all about writes, it's very noticeable.

- C