Is it ok if I add the following comments to Connection's docstring?
Are there inaccuracies?
- _cache is a PickeCache, a cache which can ghostify objects not
recently used. Its API is roughly that of a dict, with additional
gc-related and invalidation-related methods.
- _added is a dict of oid->obj added explicitely through add().
_added is used as a sort of preliminary cache until commit time
where objects are all moved to the real _cache. The object are
moved to _creating at commit time.
- _registered_objects is the list of objects registered by
Persistence when the object was first changed, or by add(). It
also contains objects who ended up in a ReadConflictError,
be able to clean them up from the cache on abort with the other
modified objects. All objects of this list are either in
During commit, all these objects go to either _modified or
- _creating is a dict of oid->flag of new objects (without serial),
either added by add() or implicitely added (discovered by the
serializer during commit). The flag is True for implicit adding.
_creating is used during abort to remove created objects from the
_cache, and by persistent_id to check that a new object isn't
reachable from multiple databases.
- _modified is a list of oids modified, which have to be
in the cache on abort and in other connections on finish.
Florent Guillaume, Nuxeo (Paris, France) Director of R&D
+33 1 40 33 71 59 http://nuxeo.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more information about ZODB, see the ZODB Wiki:
ZODB-Dev mailing list - ZODB-Dev@zope.org