Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Friday, June 23, 2006, 2:36:56 PM, you wrote:

AJ> --On 23. Juni 2006 14:27:52 +0200 Adam Groszer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> I know it is not easy, but I need some advices to keep our bosses
>> happy at the planning stage of our application.
>>
>> The application we are planning is a document management application
>> which follows documents in a company. Document and version count could
>> be around 10000s,

AJ> 10000s per document?

Sorry, around 10000s of document, each having 10s of versions, so
around 100k versions/files. That grows to 300k objects or more with
all bells and whistles. (Version history, Workflow history, ...)

>>quite frequent writes are possible so concurrency
>> might be an issue. Document files might be stored as BLOBs or
>> separately on a files system to relieve ZODB.
>>
>> Some fears they are having and I can't find unambiguous information:
>> - Is ZODB a good choice for this app? Which storage to consider?
>> Filestorage?

AJ> We run a CMS with several ZEO storages using FileStorage with up 300k
AJ> different objects per storage.

May you mention some or some sites on the internet that run Zope/ZODB
to have some examples?

>>maybe PGStorage?
>> - ACID properties. Is it really ACID, I mean data consistency level
>> could be compared to a RDB?

AJ> What do you mean? The ZODB is transactional and other systems (RBDMS) can
AJ> be hooked with the transaction system of Zope...this is daily practice.

My problem is that I'm quite confident that ZODB may be able to handle
the application, but I have to convince some other people too. They are
coming with a strong RDB background. I would appreciate some facts to
hit them hard.

--
Best regards,
 Groszer Adam