On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 21:50 -0400, Chris Spencer wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
> > Tres Seaver wrote:
> >> Zope Corporation's Zope Replication Services products operates along
> >> those lines:
> >>
> >>  http://www.zope.com/products/zope_replication_services.html
> >
> > Yeah, but you can only write to one of the storages, right?
> >
> > Chris
>
> The $10k price tag doesn't help either.

If you have common add/edit methods in your app used by all of your
classes, you could do application level replication between Zopes. We
have written a small replication module for on of our apps that copes
extremely well with disconnected Zopes, and replicates a very compact
serialisation of commands to each other (as opposed to whole objects).
And they replicate both ways. We been using it for about 4 years in
production now.

I could send you an example if you want to evaluate this route.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za