On Sep 12, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Tim Peters wrote:

[David Binger]
That's interesting.
It appears that pickle protocol 2 chokes on inf.

[Tim Peters]
As above. BTW, why protocol 2 specifically? Protocols 1 and 2 treat
floats the same way.

[David]
I was thinking that the default protocol is 1, but I see
now that the default is 0.

Strange, eh?  Since only protocol 0 existed at first, I suppose this
was a nod to backward compatibility.

Plus version 0 pickles are more readable. :)  Honestly.

(Some time I really need to promote xmlpickle more. It's very nice for looking at pickles. Unfortunately, it doesn't understand protocol 2 yet.)

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org