On Sep 22, 2006, at 2:48 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

One of the last things I remember is that indexes can not be rebuilt
partially but are rebuilt completely.

If the existing index is valid, then only new data are read if it isn't current.
I think this is what Patrick was referring to.

If the old index is determined not to be valid, then of course, the index has
to be rebuild from scratch.

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org