Thanks for the pointer - I found the client_loop in ZEO.zrpc.connection which starts on importing that module. A quick check with my bit of code didn't see things working any better but I fear I may be completely missing the point somewhere... I'll try again in the morning. Thanks again for the pointer to the new version.

Matthew

Jim Fulton wrote:
Note that ZODB 3.7 already provides a separate dedicated client asyncore loop. You might try using that. There is a beta release at:

  http://download.zope.org/distribution/ZODB3-3.7.0b3.tar.gz

Note that this release should work well with easy_install or zc.buildout. It doesn't include ZConfig, zdaemon, zope.interface, zope.proxy, or zope.testing, as these are now handled as dependencies.

Also note that while the release is still beta, because I haven't had time to make a final release, this release is being used in current versions of Zope.

Jim