Jim Fulton wrote:

On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Benji York wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Benji York wrote:

threading.Connection
threading.Condition :)

Yeah, that. :)

What was the time to return the first request after the fix?

I didn't stick around for the post-Linux-kernel-recompile testing, but when we hacked the Python standard library to use sleep(0) all the time (emulating an infinite granularity timer), it went down to about 10 seconds. A pretty nice improvement. ;)

And the original time was 15 minutes! :)

My test environment on MAC OS-X is loading my frontpage in 2:50 min after restarting zope. with your fix and the one I made in a ZODB branch using nanosleep is went down to 27 sec.

I tested this having ZEO and zope running on the same machine.

Jürgen