On Apr 25, 2007, at 12:10 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:

Christian Theune wrote:

Am Dienstag, den 24.04.2007, 13:16 -0400 schrieb Jim Fulton:
I'm finally trying to clean up the storage interfaces.  I have a
question.  I'll probably have more later, but I'm going to deal with
them one by one rather than trying to save them up.

Does anyone know if getSerial is used for anything?  I suspect that
it is an old name for getTid and would like to remove it in favor of
getTid.

In particular, it's plumbed through the storage and client servers,
but I can't see any evidence that people are using it.

Hmm. Looks like it. getTid looks like it's used from ZEO in the
verify() method. I didn't find any place where getSerial was used.
Zope 3 uses neither (and it probably shouldn't anyway.)

DirectoryStorage[1] is probably the major "out-of-tree" storage
implementation to check;  PGStorage[2] is likel a distant second in
terms of usage:

[1] http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net/

[2] http://hathawaymix.org/Software/PGStorage/

I hope very much that Toby and Shane are paying attention to this effort or at least pay attention to the alpha release. :)

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org