Hi Jim. Twisted has a reconnecting client with a similar feature. It starts at a short interval also but backs off at increasingly longer intervals which I think is the way to go when you are unable to reach the other side (but when you are obviously running a server).

6 seconds as max time sounds a bit short to me. I think there can be latency sometimes for whatever reason over the Internet. I would not want it necessarily closing connections as a result. Maybe max of 30 - 60 sec might be better - and still not too long to wait. If folks use the configuration, it adjustable on the other hand. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

Jim Fulton wrote:

When a ZEO Client is disconnected from a ZEO server, it will try to reconnect and keep trying until it reconnects or is closed. It waits between attempts. The waiting period starts at 5 seconds and increases to 5 minutes by default. These times are configurable using the min-disconnect-poll and max-disconnect-poll ZConfig options or with the min_disconnect_poll and max_disconnect_poll constructor arguments. Since most people don't change these defaults, most people's clients take too long to reconnect. I'd like to change these defaults to something much smaller. I'm thinking 1 and 6 seconds.
Anybody have any objections to this change?

Jim Fulton            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Python Powered!
CTO                 (540) 361-1714            http://www.python.org
Zope Corporation    http://www.zope.com        http://www.zope.org