On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 10:44:34AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I've releases ZODB 3.8.0a1 tp PyPI:
>
>   http://www.python.org/pypi/ZODB3/3.8.0a1
>
> To see what's in 3.8.0, see the news file:
>
>   http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/NEWS.txt?rev=75692&view=auto
>
> This also includes the recent storage API standardization's, removal
> of subtransactions, and deprecation of versions.  I should have
> included that in the NEWS  file.  I'll fix that for the next release.

I belatedly realized I have some old test code that uses a
"subtransaction hack" to get a _p_jar and _p_oid:

        try:
            transaction.commit(1)
            # do something needing _p_jar or _p_oid
        finally:
            transaction.abort(1)

What's the correct thing to do now? Are savepoints relevant for this
(ab)use?  I don't think this idiom was ever formally documented, it
was just an informal hack that I picked up somewhere (I forget from
whom).

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com