On May 31, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Chris Spencer wrote:

A couple questions. Does ZODB support classes using __slots__?

Much to my surprise, it seems to. I just tried it and it worked just fine. :)

Also,
are there any problems with using decorators with ZODB?

Not that I'm aware of.

There is one surprise. If you use a descriptor, that you might install via a decorator, to moderate writes, a setattr will be viewed by a base class as as causing a write, even if the descriptor elects not to modify state. I'd have to think hard about whether this might be considered a bug (or perhaps even a missfeature).

For instance,
a simple memoization decorator like http://paste.plone.org/5416

I can't see this.

appears to work in simple tests, but are there any potential issues I
should be aware of?

Other than what I mention above, I'm not aware of any.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org