BTrees.Length is used in many places to maintain the length of BTrees. Just the other day it was added to zope.app.container.btree. While I am happy about the speed improvements, I am concerned about the fact that BTrees.Length declares itself _p_independent. I'd like some clarification about what happens in a conflict resolution situation, when the Length is _p_independent but the BTree itself is not. I *think* that with MVCC this means a read-conflict will reset the BTree, but not it's Length.

All I could google up is this from 2004: http://mail.zope.org/ pipermail/zodb-dev/2004-April/007269.html

Now, do we need another Length class or is BTrees.Length just fine and dandy?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Anything that happens, happens.  --Douglas Adams