On 7/12/07, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it intended for ZoDB to not be stand-alone in the future?

Yes, and in the present.

Great.

> Which version of zope is required to satisfy the dependency?

zope.interface as well as the other ZODB dependencies are distributed
separately.  You don't need Zope.
I guess I need to make the dependencies easier to discover.  They are
listed in the readme file, but I suppose that isn't something one is
likely to read when using a windows installer.  I should at least
make this much clearer on the PyPI page.

The easiest way to install ZODB (and most other packages) is with
easy_install (or other setuptools-based tools), as this will
automatically download dependencies.  In fact, I'm tempted to stop
making windows installers and make the ZODB3 egg the only binary
release.

I've approached egg-packages a few times for various modules but was
deterred because it's way easier to double-click an exe-file than
reading the large "Quick guide to python eggs" at PEAK homepage and
execute commands at the windows command-prompt (if it had been bash or
similar, this should not be a problem).

I managed to find the egg at PyPI site (last time i've downloaded from
zope.org at ttp://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.1 where there are no eggs
available). Another problem is that there are no binary packages for
zope-interface/ win32 / python2.5 available for download at
http://www.zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface

I'll try to install the egg once I get over the egg-install barrier
(Quick Guide) and see if the zope-interface follows with the install.

Thanks for the support and for a great product.

Best Regards,

//Torgil