To all my fellow zope experts,

I am not very proficient in zope. I need to extract all the data from a
data.fs (zope filesystem) into a database. Basically all it contains is
users and notes about users etc. So it's a note taking system.

So basically I am trying to recover some data from a zope.fs file and I have
no clue how to get about it. How do I being to read the data from this file?
So far I have the following:

#!/usr/bin/python

from ZODB.FileStorage import FileStorage

storage = FileStorage('./zope_data.fs', read_only=1)

iter = storage.iterator()

try:

    while True:

        transaction = iter.next()

        for rec in transaction:

            print rec

except:

    pass

but it gives me a bunch of:

<ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage.Record instance at 0xb7cdb4ec>

How do I change that into human readable form? Where I can get the notes
associated to the person etc so that I can populate this other database with
this information.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nathan.