On Oct 4, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Most other projects in subversion are named after their eggs (or the other around, whichever way you look at it). This rule helps me and I suspect others find stuff more easily. Unfortunately, the ZODB breaks this rule in such a subtle manner that I usually always get it wrong.

Since we can't easily rename the ZODB3 egg to ZODB (dependencies would break), I suggest we rename the subversion directory to 'ZODB3'. Then at least it'll be consistent.

I'd like to officially veto this so that no one else feels compelled to give an opinion. :) Mt veto is largely for the reasons Fred gave and also because I'd like, someday, to split the ZODB3 release into it's constituent packages.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation