The tests did show up the problem.
It seems someone beat me to opening the bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/+bug/153316 I found a related problem
and added it along with a patch.
Unfortunately there still seem to be problems in my application and it
looks like it's a zodb issue (or some dependency). Since it was only a
quick evaluation on my part, it looks like I'll have to go with
something else. I'll return to it later if I have time.
Jim Fulton wrote:
Interesting. I'm amazed that this wasn't caught by any of the
extensive ZODB tests.
Would you mind submitting this as a bug report:
On Oct 16, 2007, at 6:14 AM, Shane Evans wrote:
I was looking at zodb for the first time and noticed a problem where
persistent objects would be read and not have all their attributes.
A simple test case it attached (persistent_error.py). It prints "not
set" when I run it.
After a little poking it seems the error is with the use of int
instead of Py_ssize_t. The attached patch fixed my problem - I
thought I'd send it around in case it was of use to others. I noticed
a few other places where int is also used in this context, it's
probably worth changing everywhere and adding the appropriate "#if
For more information about ZODB, see the ZODB Wiki:
ZODB-Dev mailing list - ZODB-Dev@zope.org