Jim asked, if someone could review the open bugs that need to be addressed
before a final ZODB 3.8 release. Here is what I have found:
- New critical bugs that have no fix committed:
* Bug #130459: Bug while packing blob storage
- Old critical bugs that have no fix committed:
* Bug #98275: ZEO versus creative __getstate__
- New highly important bugs that have no fix committed:
* Bug #121695: Shared writable blob directory causes various errors if flag
is not set
- New medium bugs that have no fix committed:
* Bug #10858: Blob tests leave threads behind
* Bug #118512: DemoStorage.close should not close the underlying storage.
* Bug #124613: Remove _p_independent mechanism
So, if we only need to fix new critical bugs for ZODB 3.8.0 final, then only
#130459 needs fixing. However, I have read through this bug, and the error
only occurs, if people misuse the blob directory for other stuff as well. So
I wonder how critical it is.
That said, I would love to see ZODB 3.8.0 final be out in the next week, so
that I can proceed with finalizing the Zope 3.4.0 release.
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
For more information about ZODB, see the ZODB Wiki:
ZODB-Dev mailing list - ZODB-Dev@zope.org