On Nov 8, 2007, at 7:46 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:

How about "zope.transaction"?

Guido recently told me that people in the Python community at large assume that anything in the Zope namespace is assumed to be Zope specific, so I'd rather not put it there.

Does it matter? People who are allergic to the name "zope" can probably lose.

It maters to me.

There's a good deal of 3rd-party code that does "import transaction"

Good point. I guess we should leave the package where it is. Note that then we have a tricky issue with avoiding having the package installed twice. I guess we should ignore this for now. :/

It'd be no problem to provide the shims.

I don't agree. Shims and similar tricks are evil. Sometimes, it's a necessary evil, but I don't think the case is strong enough here.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation