I submitted this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zodb/+bug/165287

But was not able to compile the package after the recommended patch from
"esteve". He did refer me to this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/+bug/153316

I have been trying to find a version that I can compile and install. The
current version here:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ZODB3
Still exhibits this problem.

I next tried getting code from svn.zope.org:
svn co http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/tags/3.8.0b5/
which gave me:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/ZODB/tags/3.8.0b5'
svn: PROPFIND of '/ZODB/tags/3.8.0b5': 301 Moved (http://svn.zope.org)

Next, I searched the mailing list and found a message which led me to the
"hidden" downloads:
http://cheeseshop.python.org/simple/ZODB3

I downloaded the latest version, compiled it, and am getting hundreds of
failed tests after running the buildout procedure. The last test to "fail"
was a core dump.

Can someone point me to either a working package, a valid SVN url, or some
other clue?

'uname -a' from my system:
Linux dude 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Sun Oct 14 21:45:15 GMT 2007 x86_64
GNU/Linux
It's an Intel Core2 Duo E6750

I'd be happy to post my output from bin/test -v if that would be helpful.

Thanks!