On Dec 17, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Chris Bainbridge wrote:

On 17/12/2007, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I doubt that taking the database offline would make much difference.
How much memory do you have on the machine?

How much memory did the server process use before packing?

Thanks for your answers (Alan too). The ZEO server is supposed to have
4GB of memory, and a dual-core Pentium 3GHz CPU. I don't have access
to actually login and check this, though I have no reason to doubt it.

You do now. :)

4GB should be plenty of memory for a 9GB database. Of course, that really depends on the number of objects. I've been experimenting with a 22GB database that packs to about 11GB. It uses about 500MB of memory to pack.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation