On Dec 18, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a project that needs to do mass hosting of zope sites. I would like to have several site per zope instance, and to make a zodb mount
point for each new site created to ease their maintenance.

ZODB doesn't have mount points -- depending on your definition of mount point. It has multi-databases that coordinate connections.

Is there a way to dynamically load new mount points on a ZODB to avoid
relaunching the zope instance everytime a website is added ? (then
reflecting the changes in zope.conf)

As Christian said, you can programatically add databases to a multi- database. See

  http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/ZODB/tests/multidb.txt?view=auto

My guess is to override getConfiguration() in ZODBMountpoint.MountedObject
but maybe i miss something ?

I don't know what ZODBMountpoint is. It's a part of ZODB.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation