FTR, I tagged a release of the new "transaction" package (http://svn.zope.org/transaction ) as 1.0a1 and uploaded it to PyPi http://pypi.python.org/pypi/transaction/1.0a1) , which is essentially the ZODB transaction machinery divorced from any ZODB package dependencies. The next ZODB release will use a revision of this package. Some non-Zope folks were asking for it and it's useful to get it out there while we wait for a ZODB that depends upon it to get released.

- C