On Jan 2, 2008, at 1:30 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote at 2007-12-29 16:06 -0500:
If you are at it: I think the lock which protects the "finish" test
is hold too long. Currently, it is just release for a very short time
and then immeadiately reacquired. It should be safe to release it
immediately after the "finish" test has failed.

I don't know what you are referring to. Could you be more specific?

The old "pack" code acquires the "commit" lock at the start
of the "copyRest" (copy transactions after pack time) phase
and releases it only every 20 "copyOne" calls for the duration
of one "copyOne".

OK. I don't know what you mean by the "finish test".

As I mentioned, the new packing algorithm holds the commit lock much less than the old one does.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation