On Jan 7, 2008, at 5:58 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering whether it might be reasonabl to let a ConflictError
always doom a transaction.

It already does afaik,

If you look at things like `tal:on-error` then those errors can be
accidentally swallowed and still have the transaction commit. If the
transaction was doomed then those requests would provide a real error
because the transaction couldn't be committed although the publisher
tries.

Thoughts?

(I think this is sort of a more zodbish than zopeish question, so I'm
posting it here.)

I'm 99% sure that conflict errors already doom transactions. Note that the scenario you describe should not occur in any case due to mvcc unless the invoked code does a commit.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation