On Jan 7, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Am Montag, den 07.01.2008, 09:48 -0500 schrieb Jim Fulton:
In general, a conflict error should prevent a commit unless it is
dealt with.  I think my motivation and yours are the same.  The doom
mechanism is meant to deal with read conflicts. It isn't needed for
write conflicts.

Grepping through the ZODB for "doom(" I couldn't spot a place where read
conflicts would automatically doom the transaction.

Looking myself, I see that ZODB doesn't doom the transaction but prevents commit by raising a read conflict if the transaction is committed.

I wonder if anyone is using the transaction doom mechanism. If not, we should remove it.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation