On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

is there a general rule regarding the level of compatibility we try to achieve between differing versions of ZEO servers and clients?

I ask because at least the (very appreciated) removal of versions makes ZEO clients and servers before/after 3.9 API-incompatible.

No, it doesn't. Unless I screwed up, the ZEO protocol is the same. My intention is to support ZEO Clients all the way back to 3.2. The server still supports the version methods in the ZEO protocol.

3.9 ZEO servers will not support versions, but this is no different than using the earlier servers with storages that don't support versions.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation