Assuming "u" is a persistent object, try:

for k, u in user_root['userdb'].items():
    # write the data to sqlite
    u._p_deactivate()

- C

On Jan 17, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Flavio Coelho wrote:

Hi,

I wrote a simple script to move data from a ZODB database to sqlite.
My data is in a OOBTree, I chose this because supposedly you can bring the buckets to memory one at a time....

So what I am doing is basically this: I iterate over my objects and write them one-by-one to the other db. for k,u in user_root['userdb'].items(): # I have tried iteritems() here too but the results are the same....
    # write the data to sqlite

My problem is that my database is big and as the memory consumption increases as the loop progresses until all my memory is exhauted and the OS goes into swap. It seems that the objects from previous iterations are not been cleared from memory. Am I doing something wrong, or is it impossible to iterate over a ZODB database which is bigger than you memory?