On Jan 26, 2008, at 4:24 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

Formerly, proposals lived on "wiki.zope.org".
There, they could be commented and discussed.

Now proposals live somewhere. Usually, they can not be commented nor
discussed. But, they are registered at Launchpad.

For me, it is completely unclear how Launchpad should be used
to guide the route from a proposal to an eventually implemented
feature. How/where do we discuss and comment on the proposals?
How/where do we decide whether a proposal should be implemented
and in what "variant"?

I haven't mastered Launchpad's processes either. This isn't Launchpad's fault. I'm just not interested in learning the process. (If someone else wants to master this and tell us what to do, I'm happy to go along. :)

Here's the process for ZODB as it stands now:

Discuss an idea here. If we agree on what needs to be done based on discussions here and it can be done quickly, we'll just do it. If it is at all complex, or if someone isn't going to do it right away, then a page should be added to the wiki and a pointer to it should be put in Launchpad.

I get final say on whether something does or doesn't happen. I am the BDFL for this project. I'll usually defer. Over the years, the implementation of ZODB has become overly complex. I'm anxious to simplify it and want to be fairly careful about what we add.

I'm not always as responsive as I wish I was. If y'all feel I need to weigh in on something, you have the right to nag be about it.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation