On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
On Jan 27, 2008, at 3:11 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:
I hope the patch, or a modified version of the patch, will be accepted for inclusion in ZODB 3.9. A monkey patch version is possible, but I'm trying to avoid that.
I'm tentatively planning on including it in 3.9. I need to review it carefully. I also plan to make other changes in the invalidation mechanisms, so I'd like to take this into account at the same time.

I'm really glad to hear that. I tried to make the patch as simple as I could. Here is an overview of the changes the patch makes:

I can read patches. :) I've already reviewed the patch and understand it. I want to think a bit harder about the consistency/timeliness impacts of polling rather than notification. I may also implement this differently. For example, I *may* define multiple storage interfaces and do some sort of adapter dance to assemble things differently depending storage capabilities. <shrug/>

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation