On Feb 11, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

Jim Fulton schrieb:
On Feb 11, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Christian Theune wrote:
Also, this code isn't ZEO-compatible (apart from the fact that ClientStorage doesn't implement the interface).
How so?

As far as I understand, ZEO can't pass iterators around directly but needs to provide at least some wrapping code on the protocol level ...
Good point. This, at least, makes the implementation rather tricky.

There is the pattern like undoInfo/Log and record_iternext which provides context by passing in ranges of records to return + tolerance for ranges that don't exist.

I don't think that's going to work here. Iterating through the transactions in the database for each iteration is going to be totally non-scalable.

I suppose you could include file positions in the iterator state, although that makes me a little uncomfortable. It might be OK here though.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation