On Feb 11, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

the interface IStorageIteration says:

class IStorageIteration(Interface):
   """API for iterating over the contents of a storage

   Note that this is a future API.  Some storages now provide an
   approximation of this.

   """

   [...]

ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage is the only class in the current ZODB code that implements this.

I'm a little surprised.

Also, this code isn't ZEO-compatible (apart from the fact that ClientStorage doesn't implement the interface).

How so?

Are there any plans to complete this feature?

I would like to see this widely implemented. It is extremely useful. In practice, even when using ZEO, it is easy to use the file storage behind the ZEO.

Note, though, that it is more useful to use ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorge.FileIterator directly as it doesn't require creating a a file-storage instance.

(BTW, the module arrangement is such that you can't access the ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorge module directly as it gets replaced by the class. You have to dig it out of sys.module. :( )

We'd like to be able to iterate over transactions and their records through ZEO and we'd be happy to contribute (in the next days) so this works.

+1

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation