Hi,

we're working on the last item on our to-do list regarding storage iteration: having iterators pick up transactions that were written after the iteration started.

In the `FileIterator` class there exists the following code:

----
if pos + h.tlen + 8 > self._file_size:
    # Hm, the data were truncated or the checkpoint flag wasn't
    # cleared.  They may also be corrupted,
    # in which case, we don't want to totally lose the data.
    logger.warning("%s truncated, possibly due to"
                   " damaged records at %s", self._file.name, pos)
    break
----

We've pondered this for a bit and think that the described case about truncation doesn't make sense: If the file really was truncated in an invalid way, this will (or at least should) be detected by the FileStorageFormatter code.

Additionally, we don't see the point in keeping a reference to the size of the file as it was at the beginning of the iteration. This seems an arbitrary limit whose intention is neither documented nor required by any interface.

We'd like to remove the check displayed above.

Christian and Thomas

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany