Hey All,

Just finished doing some rough speed tests having got RelStorage up and running against an Oracle 10g database using Oracle's InstantClient and cx_Oracle 4.3.3...

The tests involved basically creating 10 folders, each with 10 pages in them, in a Plone site, using zope.testbrowser.

FileStorage-over-ZEO managed the test in 3 mins 20 seconds

Relatorage-to-Oracle managed the test in 3 mins 18 seconds

So, not much in it, and shows that RelStorage is still a "good thing" (tm) even attached to Oracle :-)

I'd be really interested to try some tests with multiple ZEO clients attached to a FileStorage versus multiple RelStorage client attached to Oracle. I suspect Oracle would win ;-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk