Stefan H. Holek wrote:
I try to use two relstorages, roughly following Evan's ZopeLabs recipe [1]. This is how my zope.conf looks like:

[...]

However, when I want to mount the /sessions_folder I get this:

2008-05-08 21:13:15 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:8080/manage_addProduct/ZODBMountPoint/manage_addMounts
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Zope2.App.startup, line 238, in commit
   Module transaction._manager, line 96, in commit
   Module transaction._transaction, line 395, in commit
   Module transaction._transaction, line 498, in _commitResources
   Module ZODB.Connection, line 730, in tpc_vote
   Module relstorage.relstorage, line 529, in tpc_vote
   Module relstorage.relstorage, line 513, in _vote
   Module relstorage.relstorage, line 420, in _prepare_tid
   Module relstorage.adapters.mysql, line 406, in start_commit
StorageError: Unable to acquire commit lock

It takes a few moments for that error to appear, doesn't it?

Perhaps the scope of the commit lock in MySQL is the entire database server rather than just the database, which would explain this. We should make sure each database has its own commit lock and pack lock.

Shane