Look at zc.selenium, which does this.

Jim

On May 27, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a test case with Selenium RC. For this I need to be able to set up a layer that includes a base state Plone site with some data. I then need to be able to execute a number of Selenium tests (which will perform operations that do ZODB commits across multiple requests), rolling back to the snapshot state after each one.

Is it possible to create a fast "snapshot" with DemoStorage e.g. in a ZopeTestCase layer, and then have the tear-down after each test revert to this state? Doing the full setup (creating a new Plone site, populating it) between each test run is prohibitively expensive!

I also saw zc.demostorage2, but didn't quite understand how it's different or if it would help here.

Cheers,
Martin

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation