On Jun 16, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Alan Runyan wrote:

Hi guys.  This is more of a trivia question, I guess.

Just saw something kinda strange.
Customer had a zeo server where each 4 zeo clients connected.
Some zeo clients were showing different sizes of the database.
5.2MB vs. 4.9MB.

Not that this is a big deal at all.  But it was kinda strange.

It is possible for zeo clients to report different sizes of a ZEO server.

Yes

Why?

The client gets the size value from the storage server when it connects. A client gets an update of the database size when *it* commits a transaction. Don't ask me why it has this policy. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation