--On 18. Juni 2008 12:03:10 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We have a large dataset of 650,000+ records that I'd like to examine
easily in Python.  I have figured out how to put this into a ZODB file
that totals 4 GB in size.  But I'm new to ZODB and very large databases,
and have a few questions.

You might implement your data on top of the Zope component architecture aka Zope 3 and reuse existing components like zope.index for getting your data indexed and searchable in a reasonable way.

Andreas