Stefan H. Holek wrote:
Most projects on svn.zope.org have the policy to perform new work on the trunk, cutting maintenance branches from it when appropriate. RelStorage appears to forge ahead on its 1.1 branch, allowing the trunk to go stale.

What's the policy here? If I wanted to create a branch to work on something new, would I branch off 1.1?

The joy of branching in Mercurial has made me less tolerant of Subversion. :-) Sorry. We need to make the trunk match the 1.1 branch, then you can branch off the trunk.

Shane