On Oct 12, 2008, at 5:51 AM, Christophe Combelles wrote:

> Log message for revision 92067:
>  Merged the rst formatting to the trunk

>     Here's an example. We'll start by creating a persistent object and
> -    a refernce to it:
> +    a reference to it::
>
> -    >>> import persistent.list
> -    >>> import ZODB.tests.util
> -    >>> ob = persistent.list.PersistentList()
> -    >>> ref = WeakRef(ob)
> -    >>> ref() is ob
> -    True
> +        >>> import persistent.list
> +        >>> import ZODB.tests.util
> +        >>> ob = persistent.list.PersistentList()
> +        >>> ref = WeakRef(ob)
> +        >>> ref() is ob
> +        True

Why have these changes been made?
This is now an invalid reST.

The reST specification clearly states the difference between a literal
block (started with ::) and a doctest block.

Please see the examples in the section "Doctest blocks" of the
specification at

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html

At the bottom of that section is also stated.

        "Indentation is not required for doctest blocks."

Yes, they can be indented, but there is absolutely no need to change a
perfectly valid reST only to introduce a whitespace change in SVN and
a wrong literal block use.

Can we, please, refrain from such changes in the future unless we are
absolutely certain that the changes are better than the original?

This should be reverted.

        Zvezdan