On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 11:31 +0100, Laurence Rowe wrote:
> Broken objects occur when the class for a pickled object cannot be
> imported. To change the location of a class, you need to provide an
> alias at the old location so that the object can be unpickled, i.e.
> MyOldClassName = MyNewClassName. You can only remove MyOldClassName
> after you have updated all of the pickles (with your code below).

Note: We made a relatively good experience by removing those symbols
from their original modules and provide a generation which first sets up
dummies, then runs migration code to remove/rebase those objects and
then remove the dummies again.

That way you can get your source code clean of 'BBB' code in a single
generation.

--
Christian Theune · [EMAIL PROTECTED]