Santi,

I hope you don't mind me discussing your database in public.  I'm not
going to talk about anything that looks like it could be private.  Other
RelStorage users might benefit from the analysis.

Looking at your database, I see that something bad happened just before
transaction 250499913441768123.  That number is an encoded time stamp:

   >>> from ZODB.TimeStamp import TimeStamp
   >>> from ZODB.utils import p64
   >>> str(TimeStamp(p64(250499913441768123)))
   '2008-11-17 19:36:04.913130'

The transaction log entry says "initial database creation", which means
that the database had no root object (OID 0), so ZODB created one and
started a brand new database.  Strange!  This happened about an hour
after a transaction labeled:

   /asp_ekartek/kmkey_iso/portal_setup/manage_doUpgrades

I'm guessing that an upgrade script did something horribly wrong that day.

Furthermore, the entry for OID 0 in the current_object table points to
an old transaction rather than the most recent transaction that modified
OID 0.  That's not supposed to happen, even when you undo.  I hope
RelStorage didn't do that!

Did you or someone on your team change current_object by hand?  I can
understand why you would, since a simple modification to current_object
would be a nice quick fix for the broken upgrade.  The fix would not be
complete, though, because now the object_state table and the
current_object table disagree on the current state of OID 0.

According to object_state, even now, the current state of OID 0 still
points to the small object graph that was accidentally created on
November 17.  The pack code relies more on object_state than on
current_object, so the pack code sees only a handful of objects that are
reachable.  Packing with garbage collection removes everything that is
not reachable.

The current_object table is really just a cache of object_state.  If the
schema were fully normalized, there would not be a current_object table.
  In theory, the current_object table makes it possible to load ZODB
objects quickly.  But if the current_object table results in problems
like this, I need to consider alternatives.

In any case, I believe you can get out of this mess pretty easily.  You
need to delete the extra object states for OID 0 created on November 17.
  I tried this in my copy of your database:

delete from object_state where zoid = 0 and tid in (
   250499913441768123, 250499913748614178);

After that, "select count(1) from object_state where zoid = 0;" should
tell you there is only one state in the database for OID 0.  Packing
should work fine then.  It seemed to do the right thing on my copy, but
I don't have your application code to check it.

Please let me know whether current_object was edited by hand.  If it
was, then we have a documentation bug.  If RelStorage did that on its
own, we may have a software bug.

Shane