Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> There's nothing official or supported about a backup solution without
>>> automated tests.
>>>
>>> So I guess there isn't one.
>> Right, so what does Zope Corp use?
>
> We use ZRS, of course.

Well, ZRS solves the HA challenge the same way as zeoraid, if I
understand correctly, but what about offsite backups and the like?

The project I'm currently working on uses repozo to create backups that:

- get hoovered by the hosting provider's backup mechanisms and rotated
offsite daily

- get sprayed by rsync over ssh to a DR site on another continent

How would ZRS solve these problems?

> I'd prefer that there be a file-storage backup solution out of the box.
> repozo is the logical choice.  It sounds like it needs some love though.
> This isn't something I'd likely get to soon.

I'm not sure how much love repozo needs. It works, and it won't need
changing until FileStorage's format changes, which I don't see happening
any time soon.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk