Christian Theune wrote:
> Not exactly: it's still a good idea to store away deltas as single large
> files are still hard to deal with except if you have really good
> block-level de-duplication in your filesystem. (Uhmm. I guess ZFS
> probably has all of that. It also probably serves my dinner.)

I would run rdiff-backup on the snapshot.  Quoting the rdiff-backup
feature list:

"Space efficient: Suppose you have a large database file that changes a
little bit every day. A normal incremental backup would keep saving copy
after copy of this database, wasting a lot of space. rdiff-backup uses
librsync, which implements the same efficient diffing algorithm that
rsync uses. It works on binary files as well as text, so only a fraction
of the data in your database would be saved in each incremental backup."

http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/

Shane